Sunday, February 1, 2009

Compaq v2000

compaq laptop?
I recently bought a compaq v2000 and i have been tryin to establish if i need one of those wireless card deals..... this is what the computer says Its modem and Ethernet are augmented by an Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 802.11b/g Wi-Fi radio, which has a lengthy range of 110 feet, but eats up about 20 minutes of battery life. OK i am at work and tryin to connect to the wireless and not having any luck. I think that i also need one of those wireless cards but i cant figure it out!! I know that the wireless is working here so thats not a issue. If someone couple tell me what i need to do... i have followed all the directions..... also when i go to connections... it gives me my connections... but none of them say internal just wireless network 2 and things like that... thanks to anyone that can help and i hope that i have not been to confusing
Computer Networking - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
ok email me then I'll email you back what to do. It's very long and doesn't fit in the Yahoo! Answers text box.
2 :
1. start 2. control panel 3. network connections 4. Right Click on wireless 5. show wireless connections 6. if there is a wireless in range it will show 7. Double-click on a wireless and you are connected * you dont need to purchase a wireless card since under network connections it said wireless network 2 it is built in your laptop *
3 :
I think you would be better off contacting Compaq support on the free 24/7 help line they will talk you through your problems and tell you what is what, click on the link below look for register, register your computer, then click on support and click on contact you will find the support line number, and give them a call

Read more discussions: