Monday, June 1, 2009

Does anyone know why My laptop compaq will not reed 2 sides on my ram chip?

does anyone know why My laptop compaq will not reed 2 sides on my ram chip?
Hi I have a Compaq laptop that is not very old And It only reads one side of my ram chip like I put 256 in and It only reads one side so I get 126 not My 256.Does anyone know what I need to do like update my bios or something? It Is running Windows XP HOME and there IS NO MODEL NUMBER. And it is a 16 bit.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
what operating system is it running and what version of that operating system? possibly if its that old, i'm thinking its a 16 bit OS and an addressing limitation issue. also you may have not fully installed the module, if you had another module in there it would just continue to boot without posting. but since the new one isn't seated properly you wouldn't be able to use it
2 :
It might help if you would actually post the model number of that laptop. It likely doesn't support high-density RAM or you just have a bad stick.

Read more discussions: