Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How can I Factory Restore a Hp Compaq Laptop?

How can I Factory Restore a Hp Compaq Laptop?
So I am trying to clear everything and start new on my Laptop and erase everything. I usually know how to do this, but not with this Hp Compaq Laptop. I DO NOT want to System Restore, I was to Factory Restore.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you have the recovery partition, use it to reformat your hard drive and re-install your operating system. Or if you have the O/S CD, insert it and reboot your computer and boot from the CD. This will start re installation of your O/S and reformatting your hard drive along the way. After re installation is finish, your computer is in factory setting, nothing on it but the O/S.
2 :
make a fresh installation, format and re-install windows. No other way unfortunately. Sometimes though some settings have a set to default button.

Read more discussions: