Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How to keep my Compaq laptop from randomly shutting off?

How to keep my Compaq laptop from randomly shutting off?
I have an older compaq Presario v6000 and it randomly shuts off sometimes. It only does this when the power cord is plugged in so I can still run it off the battery. I tried taking the battery out and running it on just the power cord but that didn't work. My parents own an older HP that is doing the same. Does anyone know what might cause this?
Laptops & Notebooks - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
check if the electricity works well when you plug a cord from a computer. but let me tell you something, check if your ram is full, is your computer is too full with alot of heavy softwares, programs, etc. this might cause that your computers shuts off by itself, it happened to me one time, and i took it to a tech and they repair it, the problem was that the memory of my computer was full AND I DIDN´T HAVE AN ANTI VIRUS! so that might cause you the problem too, virus can destroy your computer and sometimes completely. after their repair it which it took them about a week, my computer now is wonderful, is like a brand new computer. it doesn´t turns off by itself no more and is more faster. so check and see if that´s the problem. of course they did had to restore everything from my computer i lost some programs but then i install them again but it´s worth it!!! trust me don´t do nothing else or you will make things worse. i don´t know about your other HP computer it maybe the same thing or maybe not, but trust me let someone that knows about computers see your computer. is going to help you alot, maybe a little bit expensive but it´s worth it! if you don´t take your computer to someone else that knows about computers then you are going to crash your computer completely and then you´re going to regret of getting another one, and that will cost you more money than repairing it.

Read more discussions: