Saturday, August 14, 2010

Compaq Laptop R4000

I just had to reinstall windows xp on my compaq laptop R4000. How do I get my wireless card to work now?
Windows didn't recognize it, and when I hit the "I" button at the top of the compaq laptop it won't turn blue. Oh, I don't have any of the restore CD's that came with it, I realize that doesn't help but there should be a way to get it to work again. The wireless card was built in to the laptop. Thanks for any help!
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
idk not a computer person check on google
2 :
I had a similar problem with my compaq. Eventually I found another cd that came with it that fixed the problem after it was installed. I think it had the driver for the wireless card on it. If you don't have the cd, you might try finding a site that has the driver info to install. Try some websites like compaq or windows or the people who manufactured the wireless card. Unfortunately, I don't know how you'd find out the last one if you're computer isn't recognizing that it's there. Also, once upon a time I downloaded a printer driver from the windows website, so I'm pretty sure you could find the one you need there.
3 :
You can get most of your drives at the hp/compaq website. Here is the link for it. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=468793&lang=en

Read more discussions: