Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Compaq Laptop???

Compaq Laptop?
Alright, this would be my first question, cool. Anyways, here's the thing, my teacher gave me a Compaq Laptop(He quit using it as he got another computer) but the thing is, I don't know how to do system recovery on it. I heard that you need to have CDs for to do system recovery but I didn't get any CDs as all I got was 2 floppy disc, a case, the cord that helps the battery from dying, and of course the laptop. And I don't get the settings where I press F8 and go to boot as when I do that, nothing happens. Help please?
Laptops & Notebooks - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
So you're trying to completely erase everything off the drive and start over? Or just restore back like 2-30 days? If you're trying to restore completely, you'd need the recovery CDs from Compaq, OR a licensed copy of Windows XP, or whichever operating system your choice is. Hope this helps. -ABC. :)

Read more discussions: