Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Compaq laptop screen is black but the computer is running what can be the problem?

My Compaq laptop screen is black but the computer is running what can be the problem?
My laptop was shutdown and when I turned it back on a few weeks later my screen is black, I can hear the machine running and I have lights on my power switch that are lit. What can be the possible problem.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The same thing happened to me. Your computer hs a virus or it can mean your computer is very old.And this is true because my dad knows a lot about computers.
2 :
I wouldn't say its a virus for sure, but it could possibly be. It could also be damage done to the operating system. I would suggest you back up the files on the hard drive and then reformat your hard drive. You can access the files on the hard drive with a device known as an IDE/SATA to USB Adapter (google 'BT-300 topmicrousa"). This device works very well since it skips the boot up system an goes straight to the files. Once you access the files, back up the files, reformat the hard drive, and recopy the backed up files. You should then be good to go. Best of luck.

Read more discussions: