Monday, May 14, 2012

Compaq laptop should I update to Windows XP

If I have a Compaq laptop should I update to Windows XP (Home Edition) Service Pack 3?
I read that there have been issues or problems for HP/Compaq users when they installed Windows XP SP3. I have a Compaq Presario M2000 Notebook with Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 2800+. Should I wait to update or not update all? If I should, what do I need to backup?
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You need to have the right Service Pack 3 drivers in order for it to work, which not everyone has. If there are known problems, avoid it all together. I wouldn't upgrade to SP3 though. XP is gone from the shelves and is slowly being phased out. Vista has taken over.
2 :
I'd leave Service Pack 3 alone.Too many users are having problems with it. (Saniuk 40: Windows XP is being phased out and Vista is taking it's place? Muhahaha! Vista won't be around much longer, before Windows 7 comes in. People are still using Win 98 and Win 2000, PLUS WinXP. I think Vista is a flash in the pan. Besides, the Compaq laptop above won't support Vista)

Read more discussions: