Friday, October 15, 2010

Can I connect my compaq laptop to another laptop just to use the monitor?

My monitor blew out on my laptop. Can I connect my compaq laptop to another laptop just to use the monitor?
My compaq went nuts. The screen is just a solid gray or light gray at times and I can hear windows running in the background. Any idea what it can be? I just assume it's the monitor?
Monitors - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
try shining a bright light onto it, if you can see images then that means the backlight has blown(you'll probably need to take it to a shop to get it repaired if it has unless you're really good with electronics, i've built hundreds of pcs and i still wouldn't attempt to replace the backlight). if there isn't an image then the actual panel itself is dead meaning the whole screen needs replacing. mean while you could hook it up to an external monitor or TV with VGA (thats the 15 pin blue plugs) inputs though, i don't know of any laptops that have VGA inputs for the monitors though.

Read more discussions: