Saturday, January 8, 2011

How do I turn down the brightness on my windows vista, compaq laptop?

How do I turn down the brightness on my windows vista, compaq laptop?
I get migraines really easily, and the light bothers me. I need to use the laptop because my school can't afford paper right now and all my notes, handouts, and homework is online.
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
at the bottom where the start button is at at the right you can see a battery icon click on it you will see these 3's balance power saver high performance the best ones will be power saver and balance in your case
2 :
usually you can hit the Fn key otherwise known as the function key and while holding this key press the up and down arrows. this will change the brightness
3 :
On my dell, it's F4 and F5. It's different for every computer, but it's usually marked by a little sun and up/down arrows. on some, you have to hold down the FN key at the same time. Another option is to go to Control Panel/Power Options/Change Plan Settings, and you'll find a slider to adjust brightness. Adjust, save changes and close.

Read more discussions: