Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Why does my Compaq laptop run slow since I changed the battery?

Why does my Compaq laptop run slow since I changed the battery?
My Evo N410c had a weak battery so I ordered a new third party battery off the net. The new battery looks exactly like the old one including P/N and charges well but now my laptop runs really slowly when on battery power only. Is this a Compaq trick to stop you from using third party options and if so is there a solution?
Laptops & Notebooks - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You do really need to be using the same battery. Compaq designed the lappy and the battery for it. When they build the battery they have their laptop there to test against. I view it to like buying Duracell or a cheap version. Both do the job but Duracell are better for high powered stuff
2 :
I would strongly suggest you to use branded batteries, mainly of the same brand as the laptop. Using a different battery can damage your notebook, as now it is probably being run at a lower power than it should be. Send back the battery you have bought and ask your money back.
3 :
Compaq sold the company & times up on there old products good luck findind up-dates lol
4 :
nothing to do with the battery. please reinstall your Os. and try defragmenting your hard drive.

Read more discussions: