Sunday, March 1, 2009

How do I start my old Compaq Laptop?

How do I start my old Compaq Laptop?
When I open the laptop the "Compaq" banner is displayed but what do I have to press to get it to start Windows? Thanks in advance.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
1)If it is a very old compaq, you may need a password. These type are virtually impossible to break (into) unless the original owner gives it to you. OR 2)There is a chance that the windows ? software is corrupt. Compaqs mostly had restore discs provided with the OS on them and also the drivers for the motherboard.Otherwise you must reinstall a copy of an operating system from another disc. 3) 1st point is does the bios 'beep' when you start the machine up to indicate that the mainboard is all OK?
2 :
I think it would be best to ask in the HP forums (since compaq is owned by HP) at http://www.hp-forums.com. You can interact with other users and pros to discuss your machine and its issues. I ask most of my questions over there and get pretty good answers.
Read more discussions: