Saturday, May 14, 2011

Can't get my Compaq Laptop to go on the internet help please?

Can't get my Compaq Laptop to go on the internet help please?
I can't get my compaq laptop to go online. It will go on i-tunes and any of the instant messengers. I've tried to reset it but I can only find one from a week or two ago on there is there anything I can do to get my comp to work again. I want to use the internet and not my mothers comp all the time it says that its online but when I try to bring up the internet window it just comes up with a screen it says that not online.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i dunno...but did u check fi your router on your laptop is on? its the silly mistake...and how can the internet not work if you instant msg..work...try click on the mail icon...and it might work.
2 :
Well IM is on the internet so you have to check your browser. on IE go to tools > internet options > advanced tab > at the bottom reset IE settings. this will reset to factory. if you do not brows when reopening it up then (you can try : : turn off computer, on restarting hitting F8 key for safe mode with networking, OS, administrator, then yes, if you do not brows then you need a new browser installed so then go to your moms computer and take a CD or USB drive with you and go to firefox.com and save the latest. it's free - to your CD or USB then take it to your computer and open it up and run the file. you should brows.

Read more discussions: