Saturday, May 28, 2011

What is a good free virus for my compaq laptop?

What is a good free virus for my compaq laptop?
I have had my laptop for about 8 months and it's in good shape. I had a free trial of Norton, but now it has run out. What is a free safe virus I can download on my laptop? Yes sorry i did mean anti -virus..
Laptops & Notebooks - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
go to filehippo.com and download avg free. there are other free anti virus and cool stuff.
2 :
There is no such thing as a safe virus, but I belive that you mean virus scanner, so i'll answer that. Go with AVG. It's free, and safe. It's probably one of the only safe free scanners out there.
3 :
Microsoft security essentials. I have it and trust me it is not crap like stuff Microsoft released before. I had AVG and avast before (not together) but mse feels more lightweight to me
4 :
I recommend you getting Avast's free home edition; http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.ht… I actually run this on all my home PC's, it has features that even many paid products lack; Anti-spyware built-in Web Shield Anti-rootkit built-in Automatic updates Strong self-protection Virus Chest Antivirus kernel System integration Simple User Interface Integrated Virus Cleaner Resident protection Support for 64-bit Windows P2P and IM Shields Internationalization Network Shield Keith D Mitchell, Server Engineer, Hostmysite.com
5 :
AVG
6 :
i'm using avast home edition . The new version has been released on their website. It s a freeware. You can register yourself on the avast website to recive the registration key . They provide timely updates (small in size, ie. In kb's. Which s usefull for people with limited internet plans ). It s fully legal n it generates a virus recovery database to report avast about the new viruses . To detect n delete malwares on your comp use malware bytes . Another free software . N a powerfull tool to clean your comp of malwares. I use these softwares myself . http://malware-virus-spyware-remover-tools.blogspot.com/ http://internet-secrity-bestfree-firewall.blogspot.com/
7 :
I think you meant anti-virus. Get Symantec Corporate AnitVirus. It never expires.
8 :
hero nr 1 answered a similar question recently and he says that you need a combination of software to help protect your PC he recommends some in his answer http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiVTYYrBoFplX1gJwpti2yQjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20091019000554AAoiNom I found a thread on a forum where they say that the best is Grisoft AVG (22% votes) - there are pages of talk about pros and cons of many http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=42070 it depends as well if you're running Vista or something else, some - like Kaspersky - apparently slow the system down if you put "anti-virus for Vista" in Google you'll find a lot

Read more discussions: