Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Why does my compaq laptop screen flicker black at start up?

Why does my compaq laptop screen flicker black at start up?
I have Windows Vista (32bit) and every time I turn on my computer and log in, my screen flickers twice when everything is loading up. It only happens twice every time and after wards everything is fine. What can possibly be causing this though? Should I be concerned? Unfortunately disabling TMM didn't work :(
Laptops & Notebooks - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That happened to me too. I searched online and came up with this answer form a forum. I followed the steps in " Disable TMM" and it stopped vista making my screen flicker on startup. That flicker happens because vista is searching for an external monitor. If you don't use one, then disaple TMM. http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=166532

Read more discussions: