Friday, December 7, 2012

Compaq Compaq cq60-211

Easy 10 points: Which compaq laptop is better?
I'm planning on purchasing a laptop to use for school, web browsing, and watching videos. And between both of these model numbers, which one is the better choice: 1. Compaq CQ60-615DX or 2. Compaq Compaq cq60-211 dx
Laptops & Notebooks - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Between the two, I would say you should go for 615DX. Aside from the higher processor speed and storage capacity, it's also installed with windows 7 (211DX has vista). If you have more options I would recommend you go for other brands. I do some repairs for laptops and HP/Compaq units tend to heat more than normal. I don't have much experience with the CQ60 series but I got one client with burnt motherboard and the processor was damaged too. Another thing is that the heatsink for CQ60 is buried deep inside the base so in case it needs cleaning (remove accumulated dust to prevent overheating), you need to open the whole base. I am currently using Dell Inspiron 1545 and it seems to have a good thermal design. The temperature is OK and they designed it so you can have an easy access to the heatsink in case it gets dusty (there's a door at the bottom of the base). Same is true with the older model 1525 and maybe (just maybe) the other models have the same design too.

Read more discussions: