Friday, January 29, 2010

Can I replace a usb port in a compaq laptop?

Can I replace a usb port in a compaq laptop?
I had a power surge on my usb port and it won't reset. The other port has moved inside the laptop and can't be used (apparently it broke off the leads, i think) what are my options. Can I replace the usb ports? Soldering? I have a compaq inspirion 8200. Help I do have an extension usb hub...but know i don't have a working usb port to plug into. See my dilema
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can but it would be costly. I suggest you buy those 5 in one usb ports. They hook up to one usb port and give you five extras.
2 :
Ok, the first usb for sure need to replace n the other of course need to repair, yes you can replace n repair the usb port, am not sure it will cost how much, the job a bit delicate so take it to a good mechanics. >good luck!

Read more discussions: