Monday, February 1, 2010

My Compaq laptop is randomly shutting down?

My Compaq laptop is randomly shutting down?
I have been having problems with my laptop randomly shutting down. It's a Compaq model CQ60-423DX. It has always gotten really hot, and I am wondering if it isn't overheating. I haven't even had it for a year, but yeah. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong and what I can do about it?
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes it maybe that your computer is overheating and is shutting down to help prevent it from destroying its self. You may want to set it to a lower setting or you may want to keep it properly ventilated. Try keeping the vent for it open.
2 :
Do you hear the fans come on at all? If a fan isn't coming on it will cause overheating. Also, even if they are coming on if one is clogged with dust it won't do enough to cool everything down. Flip over your laptop and look at the fan on the bottom, make sure it's clean.

Read more discussions: